August 1, 2018
We are such a fast society and no one seems to have any free time for pleasure and self-care. I guess that's how we have become so unhealthy and overweight. Let's get back, at least in a small way, to taking care of ourselves to look amazing, dodge diseases, and have the ability to do whatever we want in life. Make sure you schedule some of these things as if your life depends on it because in the end...it does.
- Celebrate yourself. Have a list of your accomplishments that you're most proud of. Celebrate, reflect, and use it as a pick-me-up. You have so much to smile about!
- Get off the grid. Let go of your devices and get outdoors either in the woods or under the twinkling stars with your favorite person/people. Community makes us strong so stay connected to people and detach from devices. This resets me every time. It is my therapy.
- Learn forever. Sign up for dance, cooking, language, or any class that you've always wanted to try. Be crazy and do something totally different. I'd love to try swing dancing next. And my Spanish needs to improve for sure.
- Check local treasures. Your home is important. Check out local treasures and be a tourist at home. Try eateries, museums, parks, etc. When I was in Asheville, I took a trolley tour and learned so much. I don't think I know much about my own hometown in San Diego.
- Go green. Buy yourself flowers or a house plant for no reason at all. My new vegetable garden and all that it produces is making me sooo happy. There's so much therapy in nature and being connected to it. Great for mental health and weight loss. (A balance, happy person treats his/her body great). More green therapy PLEASE.
- Nap. Indulge in a nap. I had a relatively "easier" day today and laid down for a nap and it felt amazing. My 3-year old read me to sleep. Ha ha.
- Feel accomplished. Sign up for something and follow through. Feel a sense of accomplishment like running a 5K or whatever suits your personality.
- Serve others. We often focus too much on our problems. Do something that helps others and feel good about your contributions to the world. We are all connected no matter our origin or politics.
- Imagine. Let your imagination go wild. Plan a road trip and explore the world. Life is about learning, living, loving....not working all the time. Find your balance and your health and weight will follow easily.
I get it!!! We all live in the grind and need these reminders to get us out. Enjoy and let me know how you're doing.
If you need help understanding nutrition and all the mixed messages out there, give us a call. We will address your stress level, eating habits, exercise, cravings, emotional eating, and overall health and happiness. Start with a free health consultation at www.HappyFoodHealth.com or (619) 876-2655. See if this is the right match for you. I do things very differently to make health a natural lifestyle and this is not for everyone. Check out Yelp for other people's opinion of Happy Food.
~ Samantha Hua, Nutrition & Holistic Health Coach, San Diego, CA